Friday, October 15, 2010

The post I've waited 3 years to write....

Wow! After 3 years, 3 weeks, and 4 days of waiting... I get to say....

WE ARE GOING TO KAZAKHSTAN... Flights are booked and we leave OKC on Thursday morning at 7 am... :)

We are shocked and thrilled and shocked!!

We've known for about 48 hours, however, REFUSED to tell until flights were booked...

Even seeing the tickets... it still feels VERY unreal..



We have so many things to get done... but, we are so excited!



I have SO many things rolling around in my head... but, honestly... I'm awfully tired tonight to spill my guts... I will soon though..



Please keep praying for all the details... the girls, my mom... and a million other things we need worked out... ;)

WOW!

I honestly don't think it's hit me yet... even in the midst of all the preparations we worked on tonight... it still doesn't feel real. We are excited though.. and I'm sure in a few short days... it will feel 'very' real!

Thanks for checking in on us... and finally it appears to be our turn!

Thank you Lord!

and btw... I can't help but think about our boy... he has NO idea that his family is coming soon.. :) Thank you Lord for holding him tight... :)

11 comments:

Lou Ann said...

Wow - unbelievable and amazing!!I think I've been checking in on you for almost 3 years and I'm so happy to hear that it's finally your turn. Try to breath a couple of times over the next week!

Best of luck and safe travels,
Lou Ann & Lexie from Aktau Kaz too

dnd82001 said...

I am so so so very happy and excited for you!!

You should know we all felt the same way and it doesn't start feeling "real" just yet but it is "REAL" and you are on your way!!

So so happy!

Continued blessings on your journey!

Darlene

Kim said...

Yes it is really happening! Oh you will know it's real when you feel the brisk cold Kaz air! Take layers. I remember this time as a bittersweet time as we knew our little family of 3 would be no longer the same. Embrace your girls and cherish the moments. But guess what? It is only going to get BETTER! I can't wait to "see" your son. What a blessed little boy he is going to be! Go into his culture and embrace every moment there. Praying for you! God's timing is perfect!

Sydney said...

Yes! Yes! Yes!
I am so glad it is finally your time. We will be praying and excited to read about the rest of your journey. For me it never really sinks in until they are home sleeping in their bed/crib.

So happy for you and your family!
Happy Packing!
Sydney

Jstar said...

Wowsers! Congrats, can't wait to read along during these exciting, full, amazing, trying, amazing (worth saying that twice) first days together!

Jennifer said...

Wow, wow, wow! So awesome! I can't wait to hear the details, and THURSDAY!!!! That's in a few days! :-) It's your turn, it's your turn!! Yay!!

Jill (& Bob) said...

We are so excited for you -- I can't wait to "watch" your travels! We're praying for you, Phil, the girls, and of course your son! Hope preparations are going smoothly!

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Warm wishes to you all for safe travels and wonderful memories. Best regards, Susan

Cat said...

Thrilled and excited for you!!
All the best.

Christel Ann Cook said...

wooooohoooooo!!!! It is about stinkin' time!!!!! I am so excited for you!!! I can't wait to follow along!

-Christel from Gobles!

ps. we leave for our girls in 25 days!!!!!

Vonda Kaye said...

So glad I checked back in! Yea and congrats! Can't wait to hear everything.

And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me!” Matt 18:5

Visit our website...

Click here to visit our website to read about how our journey to international adoption began... and how God spoke to our hearts to open our lives and family to a child who otherwise might not ever know him.
God bless!

Popular Posts