Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Fun.....

Last Sat. we took the girls to our local pumpkin patch.. it was a beautiful day.... 80 degrees and wonderful. We had a blast... Phil and the girls always find the "perfect" pumpkin or 2 or 3... LOL! I have to always remind them that we have to pay for all these!!! The van was loaded down... and then it was SO hard to narrow it down to our favorites... LOL!!!! Enjoy the pictures... We are so blessed... our girls are wonderful, and we can't help but wonder as events like the "annual pumpkin patch visit" occur if this will be the last visit without our boys.... we sure hope so... but, I remember being at the pumpkin patch last year and Phil and I talking about it this year and how the boys would be home with us... and in all reality we don't "feel" that much closer to them now than then.... :-( God's timing will be perfect and we know this... but, sometimes it's hard just to sit and wait!!! I can't help but to remind myself here again of the newest scripture God led me to: "And the Lord answered me: "Write the vision... For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end - it will not lie. It if seems slow, WAIT FOR IT; it will surely come; it will not delay!" Thank you Lord for my precious girls and for my children who are in Kazakhstan... Your word will not return void... and one day they will be with us forever!!! Thank you Lord for your promises!!!

Here's the pumpkin patch pictures....

Just a fun picture I snapped of the pumpkins...



Little Miss Brooklyn posing for a picture... NO idea where she gets that fun lovin' attitude.... ;-)



Here's Brook checking out some little pumpkins she found, while Daddy and Bailey are in the background looking for the "perfect" 1 or the "perfect" 12!



This is one of my favorite pictures... Doesn't it make you want to break out into song..."We're off to find the pumpkin, the most bestest pumpkin of all!" (to the tune of the Wizard of Oz!)



This is a fun one of Brooklyn resting on a pumpkin... (no it's wasn't posed... yeah right!)



Here is a picture of the "real" Brooklyn... sassy, adorable, and spunky... until someone she doesn't know is looking... then it's bashful, shy, and reserved!!! She's gotten such an attitude... in fact, in this picture she was telling me that Bay and Daddy were leaving us... and that she wanted to pick pumpkins, not take pictures!!! I about died laughing... I looked up and sure enough Bay and Phillip are over a mile away... still searching...



I was still trying to get one good picture with her "really" smiling.. but, as you can see things turned silly... and it was over... she's a hoot!!!



Wow! Looking at this picture of Bay melts my heart... she's growing up so much.. it's amazing how much she's growing and maturing... it's happening WAY to fast... She's always been so easy to get good pictures of... even as a little kid... she's always, ALWAYS ready to pose.. She is such a good kid!



Phil took this picture of the girls and me... I love those 2 babies so much....



Here's a picture of us about to journey into the corn maze... it was HUGE and a blast... I ran off from the girls and Phil.. and then jumped out and scared them... it was a lot of fun... we were the only ones in the maze... so the girls LOVED it!!!



ok.. so I have to explain about this picture.. Bay decided she wanted to take one of Daddy and I.. so we let her.... and then I said.. hey take one of us kissing... so she says.. OK! and snaps it... and it turned out fairly good.... I love that guy so much and am so thankful that God has blessed me with such an amazing family!



Sisterly love at it's finest... what you don't see is the fight and fall from climbing on the fence that's right behind them....

7 comments:

Becki Stone said...

I must say I envy you being able to wear shorts and tee shirts to pick out pumpkins!! We are way too cold for that- I have always wondered why in all the world I live in Ohio- no I know..its home. I love the new layout for the blog- it is too cute!!
It is funny you mentioned that Bay and Maddye are alot alike- in alot of the pictures and your posts I have thought the same thing! ;)

Lori said...

Your girls are beautiful and I love the spunk!!!

PLUS...I love the verse you gave. It is perfect for how I have been feeling the last couple of days.

Thank you, Lord, for talking to me through others. I always ask for a note from you. Who knew it would be a blog? Now I feel really behind the technology curve!

Kim said...

Loved the pumpkin patch pictures-too cute! Your verse is one of the very ones that carried me through the last waiting days and while we were in Kaz. God's Word is sooo reliable and perfect and we just need to allow it to sink in and become real. Glad it is so real to you right now!

Jennifer said...

What a great post. I love seeing all the different facets of the girl's personalities.

And of course the whole venture looked pretty fun!

greta said...

LOVED this post and the pictures! I feel like I know your family now. :)

Kim said...

Wow - I was just reading your dates and all that you have been through. What a roller coaster ride it has been thus far. You are right, God will certainly provide and His timing is perfect. Always.

Your girls are cute!!

Kim

Corinne said...

Love the pics! I thought the one of the girls holding hands with their dad is precious.

And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me!” Matt 18:5

Visit our website...

Click here to visit our website to read about how our journey to international adoption began... and how God spoke to our hearts to open our lives and family to a child who otherwise might not ever know him.
God bless!

Popular Posts