Wednesday, October 8, 2008

7 year olds...

SO... the story begins something like this...

It was a fairly typical afternoon, Bailey had rode the bus across town to my classroom, and we had then loaded up and headed back across town (keep in mind our town is VERY small!! ;-)) to pick up Brooklyn at her daycare.... (Let me give you a little background... Bailey has made some not so perfect grades lately, like forgetting to turn her paper over, and therefore not completing the back of a worksheet or other things and thus resulted in a couple of NOT so pretty grades... We have had a couple serious family discussions about this and how important doing you best is, etc..)

So, we come to the first stop sign on our drive to Brooklyn's daycare and Bailey says, "Mom, I sat with _______ on the bus today and we counted her 100's! She had like 12, and she had NO grade lower than a 88%." I was preparing to say something... figuring out what to say... and before I could even form 1 word, she continues... but, I see her picking her boogers all the time... and it's nasty... so, who cares how many 100's she has... that is just gross!!!!
I about died laughing...

Moral of the story: Who cares what your grades are in 2nd grade.... but, you sure as heck better not pick your nose!!!!! Just thought I'd share the wisdom of my 7 year old.... Kids say the darnedest things....

3 comments:

Becki Stone said...

HA! Sounds alot like my second grader! It cracks me up what she comes up with sometimes! I love it! :)

Corinne said...

Uh, that is too funny!What I love about this age is they tell it the way it is and how they feel about it.(at least our seven year does)I assume most of us would not appreciate someone picking their nose next to us either.Enjoy this stage for they grow up soo fast!

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Hysterical!!!!

And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me!” Matt 18:5

Visit our website...

Click here to visit our website to read about how our journey to international adoption began... and how God spoke to our hearts to open our lives and family to a child who otherwise might not ever know him.
God bless!

Popular Posts