Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Recipes... recipes... and more recipes.... and a trip to the Dentist!!!

Hello everyone... If you occasionally see a 1/2 cup of Sugar or 3 cups of flour typed in among the words here... please forgive me... I have been TYPING, TYPING, TYPING, and did I mention TYPING on this lovely idea I've had... called a COOKBOOK!!!! LOL! I have worked for hours... and still have hours to go... What a labor of love!! and so many of my "friends" thought this was a GREAT idea.... hummmmmmm...... I am seriously thinking that if I see another recipe I could possibly scream. I have been typing and working on it for several hours per night... and am bummed that it's almost Oct. 1st.. cause that was my deadline for myself. Oh well... I'll get it all completed by this weekend.... and it's really shaping up to look like a good cookbook... LOTS of yummy recipes... and I'm really excited... (well, excited to get all the hard stuff done and it sent off to the company!)

Today was a fun day for us... Brook had her first visit to the dentist!! The Dentist had told me to bring Brooklyn in the next time Bailey and I were coming in for a cleaning so she could watch and feel more comfortable.... so, off we go... and Brooklyn watches.. and after a few minutes they ask her if she'd like to go to the next room and sit in the chair... she hops down, takes the hygienists hand.. and off they go to the next room... the hygienist comes back in a couple of minutes to tell me it appears that she "wants" to get her teeth cleaned and wanted to know if I really wanted her to be seen by the Dr. etc... I said sure... so Brooklyn got the entire cleaning/check-up/fluoride, etc... she sat in the "big" chair like a 10 year old... and is very proud of herself. I have to admit that it made me teary eyed seeing my 3 year old baby in the exam chair... call me crazy, but the weirdest things make me cry anymore... the girls at the dentist were laughing and saying I needed to get those Kazakhstan boys here fast!!!! LOL!!! Like they were telling me anything I didn't already know... ha ha....

1 comment:

Corinne said...

You must have a great dentist for little Brooklyn to be so brave at such a tender age.I know it is so hard to watch our little ones grow up so fast!By the way,the name Brooklyn is on our short list for girls.(If Kyrgyz baby is a girl of course)

And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me!” Matt 18:5

Visit our website...

Click here to visit our website to read about how our journey to international adoption began... and how God spoke to our hearts to open our lives and family to a child who otherwise might not ever know him.
God bless!

Popular Posts