Thursday, February 19, 2009

My precious girls...

I just had to share a story that happened today...

I went to Brook's daycare to pick her up and her teacher quickly begins to tell me the sweetest story... She says that she randomly asks the kids various strange and fun thinking questions to just get their responses... (you know you never know what a classroom full of 3 year olds will say...) and so the teacher asks Brooklyn, "Brook, If you could go anywhere in the whole wide world, where would you go right now?" She said that my precious adorable 3 year old did not miss a beat and quickly said, "Ms. Jessica, I'd go to Kazakhstan wight now and get my bubbas!" Now, tell me that doesn't melt your heart... I started bawling! Seriously crying tears.. the teacher knew I would be touched, but I think was a little shocked I really cried. I can't even explain how awesome it is to see God shine through my girls. Phil and I have been amazed at how they "get" it.. They've heard us share the story over and over.. and they've heard us speak FAITH and how GOD has proven and called us to this journey... and because of that they are also developing such a heart and love for orphans.

I have to say that Bailey does and says things all the time that are truly remarkable as well.. both the girls pray daily for orphans all over the world and in Kazakhstan... Bay prays specific things like, "Lord it's cold tonight.. please don't let any babies be cold... and Lord, please give all the babies all over the world enough food and milk to drink!"
There is NOTHING better in this world than seeing Jesus shine through your kids...

What is really funny is that my girls honestly have NO idea what is in store for them with a couple of brothers... I can just see it all now!!! CAUTION: FUN TIMES AHEAD!!!!
I would love to know how far ahead....but, I know.. I know.. I know... the perfect timing will happen!!! :-)

6 comments:

aultfamily said...

How cute & precious! Bubbas, I love it. (I would have cried too!)

It is amazing how much our little ones take in, even when we don't think they are listening. I teach Sunday school and some of those little kids are already prayer warriors. :)

MaryAnn

Kim said...

There is really nothing to compare to the sweet, uninhibited and pure prayers of children. I used to get choked up when my students and son would pray when they were little. You are a great Mommy to model prayer before them and train them in the way they should go!
That was such a sweet story about Brook! Thanks for sharing! Your girls are beautiful inside & out!

Joby and Marla said...

Awwww.... that is the sweetest story!!!!

Becki Stone said...

Oh how sweet! I too am amazed at how much Maddye "gets" with this whole process too. I can't wait to see pics of your girls with your boys!! :)

Jill (& Bob) said...

Too cute! They'll be great sisters to their bubbas!

Jessica and Chris said...

So sweet....i would go wight now too :)

And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me!” Matt 18:5

Visit our website...

Click here to visit our website to read about how our journey to international adoption began... and how God spoke to our hearts to open our lives and family to a child who otherwise might not ever know him.
God bless!

Popular Posts