Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sad Day for my girls....

Well, I had planned to come home tonight and post this amazing post about the success of the yard sale.... but, we had a family tragedy. Brownie died today. (Brownie is Bailey's goat... Click here and here to see pics.) As you can imagine the girls are SO sad.... they are very upset. :( We have no idea what happened... He was perfectly healthy and fine last night. We assume he was sick or ate something in our yard that made him sick. Phil and I talked a few days ago how small he was... The other 2 have grown a LOT and he had stayed so small... and we wondered then if maybe he was sick. He never acted like he was sick... He ran and played and was SO rotten!! It's so frustrating that their favorite one had to die, but it's one of those life lessons.... The girls called my Dad bawling their eyes out.. so I suspect he'll be finding a replacement soon... crying baby girls pull at those Grandpa heart strings every time! :-)

The Yard Sale was more than awesome.. and let me just say that I have a POST brewing for tomorrow after church.... so please plan to check back... you will be amazed at what you read!! God is so faithful, awesome, and HUGE!!!! WOW!!!

Nothing like a cliffhanger... huh?!

6 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Awww I'm so sorry about the girls goat :(. Very sad.

Can't WAIT to hear about the yard sale!!!

Kim said...

So sorry to hear about Brownie. It is so hard to watch your kids have to learn those hard lessons of reality. Can't wait to hear about the yard sale....

Tamara's Mommy said...

So sorry to hear about Brownie :o( losing a pet is never easy..especially for a sweet little girl. Yes a life lesson here. One they'll remember for a very long time. I'm sure Brownie is stiring things up in heaven. Perhaps chewing on some angel hair, drinking some ones holy water or trying to borrow someones holy slippers as a chew toy. ;o)

Starr said...

So sorry about Brownie. Sad! I'll say a prayer for the girls.

Jill (& Bob) said...

So sorry to hear about Brownie. Our thoughts are with your girls as they go through this tough life lesson.

Becki Stone said...

Oh I'm so sorry! Your girls are in my prayers. :(

And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me!” Matt 18:5

Visit our website...

Click here to visit our website to read about how our journey to international adoption began... and how God spoke to our hearts to open our lives and family to a child who otherwise might not ever know him.
God bless!

Popular Posts