Thursday, August 14, 2008

First day of 2nd grade...

Hello...
Well, we are all back to work, Brooklyn is settled into the new daycare... and loving it... and Bailey completed the first day of 2nd grade today... wow.. I can't believe she's already in 2nd grade... if time continues to fly this fast... they'll all (including my Kaz boys) be grown and gone in a few weeks.... man o man....

I wanted to share a couple of pictures from the first day of 2nd grade....




the above pictures were in the morning....
and then after school the girls wanted to take some pictures on the steps on the pool deck... plus, we didn't have Bailey's (High School Musical) backpack in the morning so I wanted a picture of her with the backpack in it... so I agreed... plus, why not... and as you'll see below Nana (my mom) won the prize of the year... she sent Bailey a cute bunch of flowers to school... Bailey was SO thrilled... and said it was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for her..... and that it was all she could do to not cry when she read the note from her Nana... :-) (Thanks Mother, you are the best!!)



Below is a picture I snapped while we were messing around this afternoon.. of course Brook had to get in the pictures too...




I have to share this cute story that happened this morning... we had just turned on the street that Brook's daycare and Bay's elementary school are on... when I hear Bailey beginning to cry... she's so scared to start 2nd grade.. and then just worried about all the "new" stuff... so it's not long until I'm reassuring her that things will be fine, etc... and Brook leans over, puts her hand on Bailey and says, "Bay, stop it! It will all be ok.. I will be right across the street from you... I will be there for you Bay.. don't be sad or scared!" It was the sweetest thing ever... Brook just started at this daycare.. and they have been SO excited that it is just across the street... they are amazing sometimes...
It's so nice to see that sister bond emerge every once in a while... cause I often wonder (when the fighting is going on...) if there is a bond there at all.. ha ha..

Adoption Stuff: Well, there is no new news to report.... we are still waiting... waiting.. waiting... :-) and reminding ourselves... that God's timing is ALWAYS perfect....
Please if you are considering sending a recipe, send it... we've not had to many sent yet, so that concerns me a little, but I know that it will pick up and there will be plenty... please, send us one if you'd like.. cause we want you to be apart of our cookbok....

Thanks for the prayers, love, and encouragement...
Please, leave a comment... we'd love to know you were here...

Praying all of you have a blessed and wonderful Friday and weekend...
Love and Prayers,
Lanetta

3 comments:

Monica said...

What a sweet sister story. :)
I think this is the first I have realized you have this blog in addition to your website! I'm praying that you get some good news on some adoption progress SOON! Hang in there!
<{{{><

Tracy said...

You are so right... God's timing and His plan. He will do what He has promised to do. Hang on... we will bring our boys home. SOmetimes the waiting is so hard. With His strength we will get there.

Tracy

Jessica and Chris said...

Hey girl! I love the pictures. Your girls are so beautiful. I wish I had a ton of inspirational words for our waiting.....but it will all happen! I love ya!
Jessica

And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me!” Matt 18:5

Visit our website...

Click here to visit our website to read about how our journey to international adoption began... and how God spoke to our hearts to open our lives and family to a child who otherwise might not ever know him.
God bless!

Popular Posts